Reduces the Risk of Drug Diversion
WasteLog® is a new system that better manages the workflow that prevails when analyzing the returns of narcotic drugs within a drug diversion prevention program. WasteLog® provides a fast, robust and highly accurate result in under 3 seconds.
Discover Broken Medication Chains
A key driver of drug diversion is the handling of medical waste, specifically unused narcotic drugs. Controlled substances that remain unopened after a completed surgical procedure need to be returned to the pharmacy. Similarly, opened but unused substances must be discarded. A quick test with WasteLog® will instantly verify a solution’s identity and concentration, thereby ensuring that it has not been tampered with. Using WasteLog® in your return procedure or waste disposal stream will help prevent attempts to divert controlled substances to illicit and inappropriate use.
Key Features of WasteLog®
- Fast, robust and highly accurate result in <3 seconds
- Vital component of Diversion Prevention programs
- Measurement graphics available for qualitative analysis
- Allows customers to calibrate new drugs themselves
- Validates controlled drugs not consumed in the OR
- Non-destructive: sample available for follow-up testing
- Helps prevent elusive diversion attempts with data analysis