Imaging Solutions is Australia's distributor of Corning® Med-X® Lead Glass. Corning® is a world leader in Radiation Shielding Glass offering the largest glass sizes available.
Every solution is tailored to your requirements for: redundancy, noise, foot print, and budget. Don’t accept an off-the-shelf design and don’t settle for anything less than the best.
CORNING® Med-X® Lead Glass provides high-quality, transparent and safe protective shielding against X-ray radiation for medical, technical, and research applications.
Its high lead and barium content, and wide thickness range, provides optimum shielding against radiation from equipment operating in the 80 to 300 kV range. Corning® Med-X® lead Glass is supplied as polished plates with dimensions up to 2800 x 1400 mm.
Med-X® Lead Glass is supplied as polished plates from 3.5 mm to 20 mm thickness with dimensions up to 2800 x 1400 mm (54 “ x 108”).
- This allows architects to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision to maximize the observation requirements of the diagnostic operators.
- Smaller sizes can be cut to meet most of customers’ requirements.
- All cut edges are ground and finished with safety chamfers.
Laminating / Double glazing:
Med-X® Lead Glass is suitable for laminating using polyvinyl butyral (PVB) inter-layers and can also be fitted into sealed, double-glazed units for insulation purpose.
Data provided by the Public Health England (PHE). Attenuation measured using the narrow beam method, in accordance with IEC 61331:2014.
|Thickness||Minimum lead equivalence (mm) for stated X-Ray tube voltage||Max. Plate Mass|
|mm||inches||80 kV||100 kV||110 kV||150 kV||200 kV||250 kV||300 kV||kg/m2||lbs/ft3|
|5.0 - 6.5||0.197 - 0.256||1.7||1.7||1.7||1.5||1.3||1.3||1.3||31.2||6.4|
|7.0 - 8.5||0.276 - 0.335||2.3||2.3||2.3||2.1||1.8||1.8||1.8||40.8||8.4|
|8.5 - 10.0||0.335 - 0.394||2.7||2.8||2.9||2.6||2.1||2.1||2.2||48||9.8|
|10.0 - 12.0||0.394 - 0.472||3.2||3.2||3.3||2.9||2.5||2.6||2.6||57.6||11.8|
|11.0 - 13.0||0.433 - 0.512||3.6||3.5||3.6||3.2||2.8||2.8||2.9||62.4||12.8|
|12.0 - 14.0||0.472 - 0.551||4.0||3.8||4.0||3.5||3.0||3.1||3.2||67.2||13.8|
|14.0 - 16.0||0.551 - 0.630||4.7||4.5||4.6||4.1||3.5||3.6||3.7||76.8||15.7|
|16.0 - 18.0||0.630 - 0.709||5.3||5.1||5.3||4.7||4.0||4.1||4.3||86.4||17.7|
|18.0 - 20.0||0.709 - 0.787||6.0||5.7||5.9||5.2||4.4||4.6||4.8||96.0||19.7|
RadGlass is compatible with a large range of installations and other viewing applications such as:
- Viewing windows for X-ray, angiography, CT scans
- Screens for medical diagnostics
- Protection windows/glove boxes in laboratories
- Airport security X-ray screens
- Lenses for safety goggles
ISO Standard Production
The production of CORNING SAS is strictly controlled and is manufactured in accordance with the Quality Standard ISO 9001, the environmental Standard ISO 14001 and Health & Safety Standard OHSAS 18001
- Refractive Index nd: 1.76
- Transmission % @ 55nm through 5 mm path: ≥85.0
- Lead(Pb): 52%
- Barium (Ba): 17%
- Density (g/cm3): 4.8
- Knoop Hardness (kg/mm2) : 409
- Young's Modulus (GPa): 62.6
- Poisson's Ratio : 0.26
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: 78.8